Sunday 9 July 2017

Chest Progress! Should I Continue to push?


The journey was hard and I still haven't been able to push heavy without someone spotting me. I see the importance of taking care of your body more and more everyday as I pass certain age markers.

How do you take care of your body?
What stretches do you do before a workout?
Below I have listed a few warm up exercises I do before I hit the weights check them out.



Here is one type of warm up for most persons:
  • 2-3 minutes of jump rope (who cares if you mess up, push yourself!)
  • 50 jumping jacks (pull your shoulder blades back, extend arms and really focus on the movement)
  • 20 body weight squats
  • 5 lunges (each leg)
  • 10 hip extensions
  • 5 hip rotations each leg (like you’re stepping over a fence)
  • 10 forward leg swings (each leg)
  • 10 side leg swings (each leg)
  • 10-20 push ups (scale based on your level of fitness)
  • 10 spiderman steps (each leg)

Weight Training Warm-Up

An easy warm-up for women pre-workout is to simply do exercises you will be doing during your workout, but with much lighter weight. For example, if you were planning on doing the chest press machine during your workout at 50 pounds, set the machine to 20 pounds and do 10 slow repetitions as a warm-up. This will prepare your muscles specifically for what lies ahead. Make sure to choose a weight that is less than 50 percent of your workout weight for each exercise. Complete these repetitions very slowly to allow the muscles to warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment